Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Taking Shots by Toni Aleo



Possession of the puck, or possession of the heart?

In Toni Aleo’s first book in the Assassins series, Taking Shots, she takes us on ride through the relationship between Eleanor (Elli) Fisher and Shea Adler.

The Nashville Assassins are having their photos taken by the popular and talented Elli Fisher.  When it comes to Shea’s turn in front of the camera, he is taken away by the color of Elli’s eyes.  He knew he had to have her.

Shea falls for her and falls for her hard.  Elli, having doubts about why Shea is dating her, is trying to understand it, and Shea is determined to make her love him the way he loves her.

Taking Shots leads us through the exciting love story using Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy, hockey, and good ol’ fashion wooing.

I started this book at 6:30am on a Monday morning.  I couldn’t put it down!  Literally!  Once the older kids were out the door for school, the cartoons came on for the 3 year old and I read, and read, and read.  Only stopping to make lunch, dinner, and go to parent night at school.  I finished this book at midnight.  MIDNIGHT!  I’m paying for the reading now (there isn’t enough coffee in the world this morning), but I am excited to purchase the next book in the series, Trying to Score.  However, I do not think the family may like it too much…….

1 comment: